I Finally Have Time

I Finally Have Time
Natasha Josefowitz

I now have time
for reading a newspaper
cover to cover instead of
skimming through it for the news

I can take a leisurely stroll
go to an afternoon movie
attend a lecture at the museum
enroll in a course
on something totally unrelated
to professional development

I have time to chat with a friend
about absolutely nothing
take the grandchildren for an outing
and be there for the children
when they need me

I read magazines
that are not educational
take time to shop
when I don't need anything
cook from scratch
instead of relying on take-out

I can wait at the light
without honking my horn
I don't cut people off
because I'm rushing somewhere
don't look at my watch
every minute and groan

I'm not afraid of wasting time
for I finally have time
to take... my time



Category Article ,